Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crocheting potholders/hotpads

Crochet hotpads and potholders

A couple of these will be sacrificed to the
coffee gods...they will be used as 
cleanup cloths.

 But the large ruffled one will be spared.
ruffled potholder

I can't bring myself to use it.
I had such fun making it and love the 
colours in it.
It has a great vintage feel about it.
This picture shows the lacy base.
Lacy base for ruffled potholder


Here is a shot of the back
after the ruffles are added.

Back of ruffled potholder
You can see how the rows are
made in zig zags.
I followed 
on the Royal Sisters' blog.

The patterns for the purple and brown
ones came from
This is really a wonderful book with
lots of great, quick patterns.
I adapted 
to make the pink hexagon.

5 comments:

Sandra Croche said...

Hi dear, thank you for visiting my blog and I loved her crochet work,
Kisses ..... Sandra Coatti

sukigirl said...

Thank you Sandra...it was lovely visiting your blog, you have so many wonderful patterns.

Kellie said...

Beautiful work. I love your color choices, especially on the ruffly hotpad.

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

Oh how lovely these are! How lucky are the coffee gods! ;-) I think they will be much pleased with the sacrifice. Nice choice of which one to save! Glad to have found your blog via iCrochet today =)

sukigirl said...

Thanks Kellie...I was looking at my flickr pics and realized that I need to try out different colour combos...I'm really happy with the ruffle hotpad in those colours.

Thanks K......Yes I couldn't bring myself to having that hotpad covered in coffee stains.
Don't you just love iCrochet!
I've found some wonderful blogs through that site.
I popped your blog into my reader after visiting it!
I really enjoyed reading it!
cheers suki

Crochet Max from the Wild Things

 Who doesn't love Max!! I'm really happy with this cute little guy Pattern by Carla Mitrani  You can find her on Ravelry  Max Patter...